At almost exactly halfway through Stephen King’s massive Under the Dome, I have a few observations to make so far.
- apparently when they decided to make this book into a TV series (I started watching this before getting into the book) the only things they decided to keep from the book were: some characters’ names, and the dome. Seriously people, a ton of the TV show characters were already DEAD within the first 100 pages of this book. What the?
- but, I am really enjoying the way the book’s unfolding. It’s nice to be surprised, and not just “oh yeah, I remember this from the TV show” while reading.
- there are some GROSS descriptions. Am I surprised? No. It’s Stephen King. I wasn’t expecting lovely descriptions of the smell of freshly baked cookies. But still – the guy can be GROSS. Especially in describing dead bodies, and the odors thereof.
- so far, even at the halfway mark, there is no indication of what caused the mysterious dome. Will we ever find out? I’m not sure if I’d like an ambiguous ending, but I’ll have to wait and find out.
- BIG JIM is pretty much exactly the same as in the show. They actually cast that guy really well, I feel.
- pink stars ARE falling in lines. That is all. (haha)
Wish me luck finishing this by Friday, which is when I have to return the book to the library, unless I’m able to renew it for another few weeks. I’m 3 books behind my Goodreads reading goal for the year, and I blame this book being so long!!