To be perfectly honest I’m not sure why I said “hoot!” in the title of this post. It was meant to represent an excited owlish noise because, look over to the left! I was nominated (two times!) for the Liebster award.
It sounds like it has something suspicious to do with Lies, or Bieber, or both. But here’s the idea:
“It is an award passed on by bloggers to new blogs worth reading (blogs with less than 200 followers)“
What happens now? Welp,
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
- LIST 11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOU.
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT WERE ASKED OF YOU (BY THE BLOGGER THAT NOMINATED YOU).
- NOMINATE 11 OTHER BLOGS FOR THE LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD AND LINK TO THEIR BLOGS.
- NOTIFY THE BLOGGERS OF THEIR AWARD.
- ASK THE AWARD WINNERS 11 QUESTIONS TO ANSWER ONCE THEY ACCEPT THE AWARD.
That frankly seems like a lot of work, so instead of listing another 11 random facts about myself, I am breaking the rules and you’ll find my 22 answers below.
11 Questions For Our Nominees (from the Book Gossips):
- What made you create a Blog? …. I used to write a journal religiously; I’ve always loved writing. And I’ve seen so many inspiring and hilarious blogs that I thought I’d give it a try.
- How long have you been Blogging? …. Apparently since 2008! But this blog has changed forms many times since then.
- If you could meet any one in the world, who would you meet and why? …. I’d love to meet Kathleen Duey because she wrote two of the most amazing books ever, and has promised that the third is soon on its way. I pretty much stalk her webpage for updates on the release date. ^Hi Kathleen^ (*blush*)
- What is your Favourite Book? …. Jane Eyre
- What Book are you counting down to be released? …. The third installment in the Resurrection of Magic series (see above stalkerish behaviour)
- What is your Favourite Movie? …. I can watch Roman Holiday over and over.
- What is your Favourite TV Series? …. I loved The Office, when Michael Scott was still on it. Right now I can’t miss an episode of Game of Thrones.
- Who is your Favourite Author? …. Barbara Pym
- What is your Favourite Song right now? …. Mumford and Sons’ “Roll Away Your Stone”
- Are you a Summer or Winter person? …. Summer
- If you could travel to any city in the world, where would you go and why? …. I would go back to Halifax, Nova Scotia because I honeymooned there and it is a beautiful place
Questions for the nominees (from the Urban Book Thief)
- Chicken or the Egg – CHOOSE! …. egg
- How did you come up with the name of your blog? …. see my “About” page :)
- Which one of your posts/book reviews was the most fun to write? …. I loved posting about meeting and getting my book signed by R.J. Anderson
- What did you eat for breakfast today? ….a slice of apple/caramel coffee cake (*blush* that’s not my regular brekkie but I’m being honest)
- Where are all the baby pigeons? …. in their nests?
- What are you reading right now? ….. Quicksilver, The Clockwork Heart, The Drawing of the Three, and I started Bloodlines but I don’t like it
- Which book character do you simply love the most? …. I love Viola in “Dance With Me” by Victoria Clayton
- Which is your favourite book series? …. I really loved the GONE series by Michael Grant, and though it’s not complete yet I adore the Daughter of Smoke and Bone books
- Ninjas or pirates – CHOOSE! …. Pirates
- If you could have a supernatural power what would it be? …. I would like to time travel
- What’s black and white and red all over? …. a sunburnt penguin, silly!
I’m going to be really uncooperative and not nominate 11 other blogs right now, but I do have a few that I would recommend you check out. (I’m not honestly sure how many followers they have, though. Sorry, rules!)
Karina at Nocturnal Book Reviews, especially if you like paranormal or supernatural fantasy books (which I do!)
Jacqueline at The Sweetness, who posts sweet photos of her family and their everyday adventures
Elaine at Rabbits for Tea, for some young adult book reviews (we share a lot of the same reading loves)
and Yamini at The Skeptical Reader, who I just discovered and who rates books out of 5 cupcakes (I like!)
To my nominees, I pose the following 11 questions:
- what is your favourite children’s book?
- what is your favourite time of day?
- how many different homes have you lived in?
- do you have any pets, and if so, what kind?
- do you prefer staying up late/sleeping in, or going to bed early/waking early?
- what’s your favourite food to bring on a picnic?
- if you could read one book again for the first time, which would it be?
- what tv show would you like to be a character in?
- who is your book boyfriend, or your book bff?
- do you enjoy rainy days?
- what do you hope people enjoy most about your blog?
Thanks for visiting, those who came via Book Gossips and Urban Book Thief!